Sunday, July 01, 2007

Set your TiVo, your DVR, your VCR, whatever it is you use.

I'm gonna be on the TEE VEE! *wink*

Remember my little trip to Burbank, CA last winter? I went out there to tape an episode of Knitty Gritty as a "Knitster". The other two knitsters and I sat in the background, chatted and did some knitting during the entire show.

Well, our episode is FINALLY airing!! It will be on HGTV on Monday July 2nd at 7am ET. Here are the deets...

Knitty Gritty
Episode DKNG-707

Rockin' Regal Cuffs

Tricia Waddell, editorial director of books at Interweave Press, knits up some cool lace cuffs that are reminiscent of the Victorian era, and now have been co-opted by the counter culture punk rock-set as "The look" paired with a beautiful velvet jacket. Lace stitches are often daunting but this six-stitch, two-row repeat is the perfect project for venturing into the world of lace knitting for the first time. Tricia then shows us how to knit a lace skirt ruffle, a bit more intensive, using a twelve-row lace pattern.


Here is a crappy polaroid picture taken after the taping of this episode was done.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


From left to right: Knitster Etta, Knitster Liz, the show's hostess Vicki Howell and yours truly. I went to California for this taping in early December and said it was a kickoff to celebrate my 30th birthday (which wasn't for another 2-3 months). The show surprised me with a birthday cake when we were done. SO SWEET!!

~ xoxo ~

3 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

gosh, how cool!! can i have your autograph?!?! hehe.

you are too cute. how fun!

C.A. said...

Hunzer, you are now officially TIVO'D ! Can't wait to see your episode. Thanks for letting us know when it was going to be on. :)

A J Doetkott said...

Yes, TiVo it for me too!

I wonder if you can hear it when I kicked a ladder on the set by accident ....

!!!