Thursday, July 19, 2007

Goodbye.

A few months ago, I spoke of a friend who was battling cancer.

Tracey passed away yesterday afternoon with her family by her side. She has been fighting breast cancer for three years and damn did she fight it! The cancer started to fight back and for some unknown reason, defeated her. It took her away from her husband and her four children.

There is one more heartbroken husband in this world because of fucking cancer.

There are four more motherless children in this world because of fucking cancer.

There is another set of devasted parents in this world because of fucking cancer.

There are hundreds of loving family members and friends who are in mourning because of fucking cancer.

See the Charity of the Month badge over on the side of my blog? Go clicky on it and make a small donation in memory of Tracey...or in memory of someone you lost to cancer...or in honor of someone you know who has kicked cancer's ASS...or in honor of someone who know who is defeating cancer...or just because you know we NEED to find a cure.

Goodbye Tracey. Goodbye.

~ xoxo ~

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hey girl sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer sucks!!!! I want to know why it ALWAYS takes the good ones :(

{{{{Hugs}}}}

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. I certainly understand how you feel.
I lost my mother to breast cancer 10 years ago next month. It does freaking SUCK!!! I will be praying for you and for Tracey's family.

Becky said...

Sorry about your friend. I just donated in memory of my FIL Noble.

Unknown said...

That was great darlin'. I miss you!