Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Playing with the caucus fun!! (and other ramblings)

Get it? COCK-IS...caucus.

I'm just being silly.

I did my part and voted in the Minnescrotum caucus tonight. I made it with ten minutes to spare. After that, I went to the gym and did cardio while watching the Wild/Detroit hockey game. We lost in OT but it was a great game. I'm amazed at my increasing stamina on the cardio equipment. I've lost 12 pounds since the beginning of the year. I weigh-in tomorrow at work (we are doing a Biggest Loser contest). I'm a little nervous about that because I didn't eat well this past week and didn't get in any gym time.

You know what? I haven't scrapped or stamped or hell, even knitted/crocheted anything in MONTHS. I want my crafty mojo back!! I don't care how I get it back...I just want that shit back NOW. I need to plan a weekend of scrapbooking with the girls in my family so I can get back in to the groove. I think about working on it after work but by the time I get home, I barely have the energy to work out.

I really need to get back in to knitting and crochet for my sanity. There is so much going on right now. Working with yarn is so peaceful and calm. I get to just relax while doing it. I have a coworker due to give birth any day and one who is in her first trimester. I have a patient with a beautiful three-month-old daughter that won't grow up with her Mama (who is only 31). It's so sad. I want to make some sort of gift for her daughter that connects her to her Mom. Any ideas?

By the way ~ CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!! I was so excited to read your news!!

Time for me to head to bed. I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppyyyyy!! Goodnight loves.

~xoxo~

4 comments:

Kristina said...

You know what? I skipped my knitting lesson the other day. Yes, I haven't changed since HS...STILL skippin' classes!

BTW - lurved your lolcats "kthxbai" reference on my comments! I could laugh at those damn cats all day long!

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Girl...you've got to do some scrappin'!! Maybe you should hop a plane to Kansas...we could scrap/stamp and you could teach me to knit!! (I've tried to learn before, but ya...it did not go well!) But, I bet you could teach me!!!!!

How is ya? I'm glad you love your new job...that is very important. But, dang...I miss you!! :P

Roxann

Amy said...

Hey thanks girl!!!! We are excited too.

Send some of those notting vibes down this way b/c I want to teach myself how to do it and have no idea where to start ;)

A J Doetkott said...

Do just ONE card, from your deck of cards. :)